Blog Has Moved

This blog has moved to wordslessspoken.com, including all old posts. Please update your links and join me there.












Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Perfect Ending

Bay St. Louis, MS

I'm working down in Slidell for a few weeks and staying in Bay St. Louis, MS. I spent the day Monday driving down and listening to a few audiobooks I had, Book of Secrets by Deepak Chopra and Meditation for Optimum Health by Andrew Weil and Jon Kabat-Zinn. I was feeling pretty contemplative, and, though I was very tired, I wandered down to the shoreline just before sunset. I threw on a jacket and walked the beach listening to Enya on my iPod till the light faded away. If only everyday could end so sublimely.

2 comments:

mike said...

I worked in Ocean Springs for several months last year. It was prety much destroyed because of the hurricanes but I was able to spend some similarly contemplative mornings & evenings on the dock of the bay. Have they been able to make a dent in the rebuilding there?

Lyndon said...

I've noticed a lot of construction underway in Slidell and some in Bay St. Louis, but the beachfront area is virtually unchanged since the hurricane. There seem to be more FEMA trailers now than there were this time last year when I worked down there. I also made a trek into New Orleans for several appointments. It's dismal with the exception of Metarie and Kenner which seem unscathed. I don't think most people outside of the Gulf Coast have a realistic appreciation for the size of the task of rebuilding.

This Blog Has Moved

This blog has been moved to wordslessspoken.com. All old posts have been moved to the new blog also.