Blog Has Moved

This blog has moved to wordslessspoken.com, including all old posts. Please update your links and join me there.












Wednesday, February 21, 2007

On Wisdom

"As proud children of science and reason, we have made ourselves the orphans of wisdom." Deepak Chopra

I have been completely enthralled in this new audiobook I'm listening to, The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life by Deepak Chopra. I'm not even finished the first of three tapes, and I'm already read to listen to it again and take notes when I'm not driving. I'll post more observations once I've had time to process it. This comes at good time for me in my journey. He outlines the premise of the book as unlocking the secrets to what truly fulfills us and makes us happy, which if we have not already discovered is not money, sex, relationships, careers, or pleasure. This dovetails with the Jim Carrey quote I shared a few days ago that, "Success is a really good thing to attain, so you can cross it off the list of things that will make you happy." I've crossed enough things off my list by this point in life. I'd rather just figure this thing out and skip the vain pursuits.

I saw a quote on a sign today that did not mention the author, but I recognized it as a Gandhi quote. Coincidentally enough, I've ran across the same quote at least four times in the last two weeks. There must be a lesson in that in itself. I'll leave you with it:

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." Gandhi

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved

This blog has been moved to wordslessspoken.com. All old posts have been moved to the new blog also.