Blog Has Moved

This blog has moved to wordslessspoken.com, including all old posts. Please update your links and join me there.












Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Saddle Up

My friend, Sim Church Planter, and I were in east Texas today at a Hastings video/bookstore killing time during lunch drinking espresso and reading books for free. While in line for our espresso, a small, irate woman with heavy hillbilly twang stormed into the store and handed her three video rental returns to the clerk with the exclamation, "This is sick! I want my money back!" The clerk was puzzled and questioned what she meant. She said, "I tried to watch this movie, but this is sick. I want my money back!" The clerk calmly replied, "Maam, we can't return your money if you rent a movie and don't like it. Didn't you read the back of the case to see what it was about?" The firecracker popped back, "I didn't have my glasses!" When the clerk repeated her apology that the store would not return her money, the woman huffed out the door. As soon as she left, the clerk nearby asked which movie was in question. The clerk said, "Brokeback Mountain." Those of us privileged to the encounter erupted in laughter. For the next hour you could hear spontaneous outbursts of laughter coming from the front of the store as different employees and customers heard the saga.

Can you imagine the poor woman's shock? She picked up what she hoped was a good western with two good looking cowboys on the front of the box, only to discover those two in the throws of passion within the first few minutes of the movie. I bet she swallowed her snuff. I'd like to thank her for making our six hour round trip worthwhile. Oh, what a small world some choose to live in.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved

This blog has been moved to wordslessspoken.com. All old posts have been moved to the new blog also.